Malaysian Cucar Udang Recipe
Ingredients in this oriental food recipe.
- 3 cups plain rice flour
- 20 medium prawns
- 1 cup plain flower
- 2 red asian shallotts, diced very thin
- 50g of beasnsprouts
- 6 spring onions cut into long strips
- 2 carrots cut into long strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- half a cup of water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of tumeric powder
- vegetable oil
- 1 red chilli diced
- half a cup of sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons of garlic salt
- handful of diced chives
- lime wedges
1. Add the tumeric powder, garlic salt and flour into a bowl and make a dent in the centre. Add the egg and 1/3 of a cup of water then combine gradually.
2. Place the diced shallott, carrots, bean sprouts, chilli, chives and prawns to the batter and mix.
3. Julienne the peppers and cucumber and combine in a bowl with the peanuts and a little peanut oil and gently fry until fragrant.
4. Drain and shape the rice on a serving platter.
5. Add the sambal in a bowl and put the peanutty vegetables on the side and serve.