Authentic Prawn Thai Green Curry Recipe
Get yourself a bowlful of Thai deliciousness with this authentic thai green curry recipe. This dish contains everything that is good about Thai cuisine - beautiful seafood from a long and bountiful coastline and a flavoursome sweet, spicy and sour sauce. On the menu in every single Thai restaurant and never disappoints.
Ingredients in this oriental food recipe.
- 3 tablesppoons Green Curry Paste
- 400ml coconut milk
- 8 limes
- 4 lime leaves cut into wedges
- 4 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 8 large prawns
- 12 small prawns
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 300g rice
- pepper to taste
- 1 white onion
- 8 asparagus tips
- 6 spring onions
- 6 green chillis, diced
- 50g green beans
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- salt to taste
1. Add 600ml of cold water to a pan and the rice and boil then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Add the vegetable oil to a pan, dice the onion and garlic, add the chillis and cook but don't brown. Add the prawns and cook the prawns for 1 minute. Set aside in a bowl.
3. Put more vegetable oil in a pan and add aparagus tips and green beans into the pan and fry for a few minutes until droopy.
4. Add the prawn mix and coconut milk, along with the fish sauce, brown sugar, salt and pepper, juice of 4 limes and lime leaves to the pan and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Drain the rice and split between six bowls.
5. Add the green curry mixture to the bowls.
6. Chop the spring onions and coriander and sprinkle over the bowls.
7. Chop the lime into quarters and distribute betweem the bowls.