Thai Massaman beef curry
Ingredients in this oriental food recipe.
- 1 tablespoon of soya been oil
- 2 heaped tablespoons of massamam curry paste
- 300g beef sliced into slim strips
- 1 potato cut into small dices
- 1 cup of thick coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 spring onions cut into strips
- 2 large red chillis
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 6 tablespoons roasted peanuts
- 2 cups thin cocunut cream
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 200g jasmine rice
1. Place the soy bean oil into a wok and turn gas to a simmer.
2. Add curry paste and fry the paste until fragrant and malleable.
3. Add the beef, potatoes and onions and fry for 6-7 minutes until they are all soft.
4. Add coconut milk, cream and peanuts and fish sauce to the mixture and turn the hob up to medium heat.
5. Allow to boil and then let simer for 15 minutes, if possible cover with foil or a lid.
6. Add lime juice.
7. Simmer for another 15 minutes.
8. Serve in a bowl with rice.