Korean Barbeque Beef Bulgogi recipe
Bulgogi literally translates as "fire meat" - which is cool, but not as cool as the awesome taste that explodes in your mouth while eating this Korean speciality. Whilst you can stir-fry this dish I would advise only doing this if you have access to a grill or barbeque as the taste is quite incomparable.
Ingredients for this Oriental Food Recipe
1.Take the sesame seed oil, toasted sesame seeds, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, garlic cloves, sugar, honey and rice wine and combine in a bowl then add the meat strips to marinate for 1 hour in the fridge.
2.return after 1 hour and thinly slice the vegetables. Fry the veg (with the exception of the spring onions) for 1-2 minutes max, you want it to be firm. Set aside.
3. Grill the meat over a flame or on a grill.
4. Serve the meat with the veg and sprinkle the spring onion garnish.
- 800g of sirloin steak thinly sliced
- 1 white onion
- 4 shallots
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of dried red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 spring onions
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine
- 2 carrots
- black pepper