Bok Choy stir fry recipe.
This is a really easy recipe which is filling yet surprisingly low on calories. Bok Choy is becoming more and more popular and this dish will use it as the centrepiece in this flavoursome vegan recipe.
Ingredients in this Oriental Food Recipe
- 6 baby bok choy
- 50g sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 50g Chanterelle mushrooms
- 10g diced ginger
- 1 large white onion
- 15ml of soy suace
- 4 spring onions
- 4 pieces of garlic diced
- pinch of sugar
- 50ml of vegetable stock
- 15ml sesame seed oil
- 1 large red chilli, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Chop the hard bottom off the bok choy then chop the bok choy into quarters taking.
2. Put the sesame oil and garlic and ginger into a medium sized wok and warm for 1 minute.
3. Add the mushrooms, chilli and bok choy and fry until the bok choy begins to wilt and the bushrooms start to brown and soften - about 4-5 minutes.
4. reduce the heat in the wok to a simmer.
5. Combine the vegetable stock, soy sauce and a pinch of sugar in a measuring jug and mix.
6. Add the contents of the measuring jug to the wok and allow to reduce and intensify in flavour, add salt and pepper to taste.
7.chop spring onions and sprinkle as garnish and serve.