Pork noodle stir fry recipe
- 400g of pork strips
- 50ml meridian sesame oil
- 1 large carrot
- 1 piece of broccoli
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 100ml clearspring soy sauce
- 4 sprigs of spring onion
- 1 sprig coriander
- 1/2 cup chopped shallot
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 3cm ginger root
- 1 chopped red chilli
- 2 limes
- 2 rolls of egg noodles
1. Grab a chopping board and cut the carrot into small strips of around 3cm by 3mm, shred the cabbage and chop the broccoli into bitesize pieces. Combine these ingredients into one container and leave to one side.
2. Using a different chopping board cut the pork into manageable slices (around 3-5cm long and 1cm wide).
3. I advise chopping the ginger root into small strips (around 1cm thick and as thinly as you can slice them). For more information on preparing ginger see this resource. Fill a pan with water and bring to the boil.
4. Place a wok on the stove on high heat and add the sesame oil. Place the garlic, ginger and chopped shallot in the oil and fry until fragrant but don’t let the shallot, ginger and garlic go brown. Remove the garlic, ginger and shallot and put to one side.
5. Add dark soy sauce to the pan (I prefer to use Clearspring soy sauce, it's delicious and organic) and fry the pork in the wok until cooked through.
6. add the two egg noodle rolls to the pan and boil for 3 minutes.
7. Add the garlic, shallots, chopped red chilli and vegetables (not the spring onion) to the wok and fry for another 2 minutes. Remove the noodles from the pan and drain then add to the wok and mix in for another minute.
8. Divide the pork noodle stir fry between two bowls and cut the limes into 4 segments.
9. Squeeze the lime over the pork noodle stir fry mixture and garnish around the edges. Garnish with coriander on top of the stir fry mixture.