Vietnamese fried rice recipe
- 100g chicken strips
- 25ml sesame oil
- 1 carrot
- 4 sprigs of spring onion
- 50g dried prawns
- 50ml dark soy sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 sprig coriander
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 100g peas
- 1 chopped red chilli
- 2 limes
- 300g rice
- 25ml Peanut Oil
1. Get a medium sized saucepan and fill it with 600ml water. Rinse the rice and add it to the pan until the rice has taken all the water then set aside in a sieve until dry. Allow the rice to cool properly for at least 20 mins.
2. Mix half the soy sauce, the sugar and half the sesame seed oil in a pot.
3. Heat Peanut oil in a wok on high heat and add the garlic and sautee for about 30 seconds, take it out before it browns.
4. Add the chicken strips and cook. Shred the chicken gently whilst it cooks.
5. Add the vegetables and fry for 1-2 minutes.
6. Turn the wok down to medium heat and add the rice making sure that there are no clumps.
8. Get the rice to one side of the wok and add the egg to the other tipping it and whisking then fold into the rice.
9. Add the soy sauce and serve in a small pile with Coriander on top.