Vietnamese Stir Fried Lemongrass beef
This dish is flavourful and very easy to prepare, an easy way to use up some leftover beef or start a fresh for a quick lunchtime or dinner time dish bursting with fresh Vietnamese flavours. All you'll need is your trusty wok to create this taste sensation.
Ingredients in this oriental food recipe.
- 600g of beef, preferably of a good quality
- 4 stems of lemongrass
- 6 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 600g Vermicelli noodles
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 100g beansprouts
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar, or white wine vinegar if not available
- 1 sprig of coriander
- 2 sprigs of mint
- 4 diced shallots
- 1 bok choy, stripped and shredded
- vegetable oil
1. Slice the beef as thinly as posible, and put in a bowl on the side.
2. crush the lemongrass stems and add to fish sauce, chilli and garlic with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Combine the above and leave to marinade for 20-30 minutes.
4. Bring a pan to the boil and boil the vermicilli for 2 minutes before and rinsing for a minute under cold water and leaving out on a paper towel to dry.
5. Add oil to a piping hot wok and fry the beef and shallotts for 2 minutes moving around so that it doesn't stick.
6. Add the beansprouts and bok choy and fry for 2 more minutes.
7. Remove from the wok and add the lettuce, mint sprigs and coriander.
8. Split the noodles between 6 bowls then add the lemongrass beef mixture on top and serve.